Back by popular demand! (Really!)
Previouslies: The entire preceding two seasons. People who are dead recap: Jimmy, Angela, Manny Horvitz (by Richard Harrow bc he got fed up with this tuchus killing everyone he’s ever loved), plus other people(??); Margaret Schroeder punked Nuck & sold all of New Jersey to the Catholic church or something (idk I haven’t really been paying attention), a bunch of new characters were introduced, including Bobby Cannavale as an Italian stereotype named Gyp, who, despite not killing a dog, is probably pretty nasty. Margaret reps Nelly Furtado. What else? Van Alden is still alive, & Arnold Rothstein is still the sass queen of New York. Let’s begin.
Boardwalk Empire, 3x02 “Spaghetti & Coffee” (wri. Howard Korder, dir. Alik Sakharov)
- NO GOLDFISH WERE HARMED IN THE MAKING OF THIS EPISODE
- except that one
- this scene is a serious study in beige
- welcome to GYP’S GASOLINE EMPORIUM—TERRIFYING INTIMIDATION WITH EVERY GALLON
- BOOB ‘N BUTT ALERT SEASON 3
- this episode is weird
- OH MY GOD STEPHEN ROOT
- did stephen root’s character time travel here from a twin peaks AU fic WHAT IS HAPPENING
- the return of dr. douchebag!
- i hope chalky’s daughter runs away to ny to join the harlem renaissance
- "spaghetti and meatballs…tell me about that."
- gyp, u being sarcastic huh
- spaghetti and coffee sounds really good, actually
- pool-playin’, milk-drinkin’ motherfucka
- i don’t care about eli
- be's obsession with facial scarring continues
- "everybody got guns!"
- hello hello baby you called i can’t hear a thing
- this ep was a big meh for me