jaysonne asked: can you please tell me why I should like Woody Allen? I watch his movies & I just don't get the appeal and it makes me feel stupid because everyone talks about how great he is and I just don't see it! :(
if you can watch annie hall, manhattan, broadway danny rose and the purple rose of cairo and still not “get” woody allen, then give up. just lie to people when they ask you. i can’t help you. you will still probably be a wonderful human being with a lot of commendable qualities, but i won’t know what to do with you, cinematically speaking.
- cleareyess likes this
- iralito likes this
- caro8680 likes this
- brienne-the-blue likes this
- needmoarnura likes this
- melvillemifunemtumekonigsberg likes this
- witbyndmeasure likes this
- unwordinglanguage said: If you can’t get into his well known movies, try watching “Love and Death.” It’s a hilarious parody of Bergman and Russian novels. Or “Sleeper”, a sci-fi parody.
- for-heavens-shakespeare likes this
- kayleigh-murphy likes this
- azlizafuzi likes this
- filmcigarettes likes this
- thechosenjuan said: yeah if you can’t do purple rose then you’re pretty much hopeless
- thechosenjuan likes this
- smellslikethesun said: Maybe watch a documentary on him. The one they showed on pbs was amazing.
- salesonfilm posted this