You seem to really know your stuff about movies and all. have you ever produced or written or directed anything you'd be willing to share? Also what your thoughts about the Oscar nominations? BTW sorry if this went through twice
I have more of a solitary writer’s/mad scientist’s temperament—I’m not what you’d call a leader of men. I did try my hand at production a bit in middle school and high school, but was not particularly successful. I co-wrote half of a screenplay in college, but that was by committee, and I was sick of it by the end of the quarter. When I write creatively, I tend towards poetry and short fiction. The screenplay format enrages me.
The Oscar nominations basically sucked. I’ll probably just get really drunk during the telecast and jeer everyone.
The rules are simple: 1) answer all five movie trivia questions correctly, 2) submit your answers, 3) if you are the winner, I’ll message you, 4) message me with your choice of prize [movie posterormovie postcard!] and mailing address, 5) that shit’ll be at your house before you know it!
*Unfortunately I can’t ship outside the U.S. because I’m not, y’know, a millionaire.
Wow, that sounds simple and fun. Here are this week’s questions!!!!!
1. What movie does E.T. watch on TV (and Elliot imitate during science class) in E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1982)?
2. Where do we first meet Steve McQueen’s character in Bullitt (1968)?
3. Which continental crooner do all four Marx Brothers impersonate in Monkey Business (1931)?
4. Which of his own films did Alfred Hitchcock consider ‘the first Hitchcock picture’?
5. In Midnight in Paris (2011), Owen Wilson’s character Gil meets a young Luis Bunuel, who describes an idea for a film about party guests who are unable to leave the room at the end of the night. Name this film.
tilda swinton is a weird, gorgeous alien delivered on a holy, glowing cloud from some far-flung galaxy where ethereal bone structure and preternatural acting ability is as abundant as running water to school slack-jawed mortals in the beauty and agony of our wretched, talentless existence
You make a good point and I can bring up the U.S. and the metric system but we wont go there, and I'm not saying the way they classify "foreign films" is right, but I'm just curious what is your favorite film from the created "foreign film" category? I didn't mean it like that hah
I LOVE ANONS WHO ARE COOL. Good job, guy.
Um…well, let’s go with LE SAMOURAI on this one. Maybe the coolest movie ever made. I don’t know; that’s up there. I can tell you my favorite ‘foreign film’ from 2011 was THE SKIN I LIVE IN. (A SEPARATION comes in a close second.)